Thursday, November 19, 2009

B-Ham & Hotlanta

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA @ The Bottletree Cafe 11/18/09

This place was incredible; A colorful oasis in a sea of brown roads and gray skies. The food at Bottletree was wonderful! I had some really yummy potato and corn chowder. Mmmmm...

In the back of the venue, where we got to hang out, the walls were lined from floor to ceiling in old vinyl record covers. Everything from Christian Aerobics "Praise-r-size!" to Bill Cosby comedy albums. Passed the arcade games and up a few steps, there are two, old, round, trailers on rug-like AstroTurf patches with a picnic table outside and cool lawn chairs. They had flat screens and space heaters which was a huge blessing because IT WAS FREEZING outside.

The show went great because the crowd was so into it. They new all the words of their favorite Revival Tour artists' songs and they were excited for the new music they hadn't, yet, heard. Jim Ward was on after me and as I was introducing him to the audience there were audible sighs coming from the front row. haha. It was awesome. Frank Turner had the show of a lifetime. We could hear the whole crowd singing his songs right along with him.

I had one of the best Hot-Totties of my life, walked down to the Chevron, got some junk food, came back to the van, ate the junk food and went nigh night.



ATLANTA, GEORGIA @ Masquerade 11/19/09

Weird day today. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I woke up too late. I don't know. There was a lot of waiting around but not a lot to do around the venue. Makes it kind of uneventful.

The crowd at the show was waaaaaayyyyy into it. It was so awesome. I think I sold out of cds tonight. haha. We were into it, too. By the end of the show, Sticks the Clown from the Zydepunks and Frank Turner were standing on the stage right and left monitors with tambourines, Jim Ward and Jon Snodgrass were at the front of the stage sitting on the stage side of the barricade with microphones and I was laughing my head off.

Now we're on the bus and all I want is food. Hmmmmm..... What can I make?

No comments:

Post a Comment